Sunday, November 21, 2010

UFC 123 Results: BJ Penn vs Matt Hughes, Rampage vs Machida



UFC 123 Results: Quinton “Rampage” Jackson faced Lyoto “The Dragon” Machida for the Ultimate Fighting Championship 123. The two top fighters faced each other on the octagon at the The Palace of Auburn Hills, Auburn Hills, Michigan.

The main event of the UFC 123 between Rampage Jackson and Lyoto Machida came down the wire as the fight was decided via a split decision in favor of Jackson.

Machida said of his performance,

"I did the best that I could tonight, but if the judges thought that Quinton won, then that's what they saw. That's up to the UFC, but I'd like an immediate rematch also."


On the other hand, Rampage Jackson was disappointed over his performance calling a rematch after the UFC 123 Results was announced,

"I think [me being the aggressor is] the only thing that earned me a decision. I think that's what the judges saw -- me being aggressive. The fight was so close that it's unfair for Machida. Even though I don't want to, I have to give him a rematch."


The supporting main event of the evening was between two Hall of Famers Matt Hughes and BJ Penn. BJ Penn won against Matt Hughes in what could be considered a classic fight via knockout in round number 1. The former welterweight champion was caught by Penn’s brutal right hand punch and a few more series of heavy blows prompting the referee to stop the fight in just the 21st second of the first round.

BJ Penn said to Matt Hughes after demolishing the Hall of Famer,

"Matt, you're my idol. You will always be my idol. Thank you."


For other bouts, Harris was defeated by Falcao via unanimous decision while Davis won against Boetsch via kimura.

Photo credit: Fan House

Share Some Love, Share This Post and Spread the News


Show some LOVE, Like this Page on Facebook
Freshest Updates from Ani-Mo!right on your E-mail Inbox:

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...