photo from peterelst
Since late last week, Elmot has been cut off from the Twitterworld. And it has been a calvary for me. Actually I am not really been blocked from using Twitter because of sending some nasty tweets against the administrator for being such a genius, or because of tweeting that George W. Bush is the very reason why we are on a global economic downturn; for the little luck I have is that I could still access it, except from our office computers.
My tweeting may have sent very strong signals to our network administrator that I am having symptoms of passionate loving with Twitter, and so whenever I type twitter.com on my url, a new page automatically opens up to piss me off by bluntly saying: Site is Blocked by Network Administrator. Reason: social networking site.
Darn, this is an apocalypse.
It tried some simple experiment and at the same time have some fun.
I opened some sexy site and voila, hot chicks roasted under the summer sun. Seems like I brought the sun inside my cubicle; boiling hot at 100 degrees Celsius. While Twitter is blocked for being a social networking site, -----.com is not blocked despite displaying chicks wearing nothing but belts and hair clips. The experiment worked out, and proved one thing: you should not socialize online, but you can watch some hot mommas doing a pole dance.
Maybe blocking Twitter impedes my work and many of those in our community including students, but if I may argue, I am spending even longer hours to check on my emails from Yahoo than tweeting. Sounds angry? Nope, just being reasonable. Well, I could still tweet home or even on internet cafes.
I find it funny when Jan and Jeremae told me to drop off my goal of finishing my Master’s degree for it simply distracts my sheer love of tweeting. If tweeting could only give me some big glistening cash I would. LOL! Hey guys I am not addicted to it yet, right Jan? LOL!
But for me tweeting is just but part of the game of life; expanding your horizon, learning more meeting more people. This is the phenomenon called globalization. Boundless horizon, limitless opportunities and unending expansion of thoughts. I am not tweeting to gain traffic, for in all of those who experimented on it, search engines are still the top sources of traffic. And so the answer for it is simply to use SEO techniques. I am tweeting to gain friends and not only confine myself to the solitary space of where I am; learn more through what others see, hear and say.
To make a balance look at the growing phenomenon of tweeting, one may also fall prey to addiction which by all means unhealthy. So I made a list not only for me to introspect and check my level of sanity but also as helpful tips for everyone.
Here is my list of signs when you are already getting addicted to Twitter. And to all those who are guilty, kindly raise your hands and say tweet, tweet. LOL
1. You always check your twitter account every second, every minute and tweets even your blinking and breathing to all your followers. Wow seems like a demi-god? Ahahha…
2. You are already having a hard time as to what blog post to make for you are so consumed by tweeting, but most of the time you end up writing a post about your tweeter or your tweets.
3. You connected twitter to your mobile and even when you are praying your mantra on your toilet, you are tweeting your friends of what you are doing. Yuck!
4. You are always overzealous to receive the replies from your sent messages via twitter and gets suicidal when they don’t reply.
5. When some of your followers who you do not even know or have not even tweeted some Hi or Hello’s unfollowed you, you mourn for more than a week.
6. You jump for joy when you receive a message from your followers or from those you follow and dances like a robin.
7. You are tweeting even in your dreams and wakes up to tweet the same things you dreamt of.
8. You are chirping when you sleep instead of snoring. Tweet, Tweet, Tweet.
9. You get afraid of cats.
10. You go up the 5th floor of your office building and tend to believe you can fly. Its a bird, its a plane, its TwitterMan!
I am certainly not addicted to Twitter. I just have some passionate loving with it. How about you guys, any number from the list that you have experienced? Tweet, tweet, tweet.
Share Some Love, Share This Post and Spread the News
Show some LOVE, Like this Page on Facebook