Friday, June 25, 2010

First Female Prime Minister of Australia, Julia Gillard



Who is Julia Gillard? After a quick move on Australian government, the ruling party has chosen Australia’s first female Prime Minister Julia Gillard to replace Kevin Rudd.
Gillard challenged Rudd since having garnering a big mandate in 2007 a month before expected election is to be held this 2010.

The vote gave Gillard the Prime Minister position that had also surprised Australia’s lawmakers.

"I asked my colleagues to make a leadership change ... because I believed that a good government was losing its way. And because I believe fundamentally that the basic education and health services that Australians rely on and their decent treatment at work are at risk at the next election. I'm well aware that I am the first woman to serve in this role, but can I say to you, I didn't set out to crash my head on any glass ceilings."


Julia Gillard was to be sworn into office by Australia's first woman Governor-General, Quentin Bryce Australia's first woman Governor-General, Quentin Bryce.

Share Some Love, Share This Post and Spread the News


Show some LOVE, Like this Page on Facebook
Freshest Updates from Ani-Mo!right on your E-mail Inbox:

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...