Saturday, December 26, 2009

Manny Pacquiao to Sue Floyd Mayweather Jr., his Father and Golden Boy Promotions




Negotiations for the mega-fight between undeafeated Floyd Mayweather Jr and pound-for-pound king Manny Pacquiao turned even uglier.

Manny Pacquiao is to sue Floyd Mayweather Jr., his father Mayweather Sr. and Golden Boy Promotions with defamation as his character he said was tarnished by baseless accusations of the three respondents that he is using performance-enhancing drugs on his daring exploits against much bigger opponents. This with the fact that he has been cleared by the Nevada State Athletic Commission if any wrongdoing with regards with issues on using prohibited drugs.


"These people think they are doing the sport a great service. They are not. To Floyd, despite all these accusations, may your Christmas be merry and I will see you in court, soon, too. "I have instructed my promoter, Bob Arum, head of Top Rank Inc., to help me out in the filing of the case as soon as possible because I have had people coming over to me now asking if I really take performance-enhancing drugs and I have cheated my way into becoming the No. 1 boxer in the world." said Pacquiao.

Regarding the issues that are being encountered on their scheduled fight:

acquiao's Web site states that Mayweather's camp is "asking too many unrealistic and unprecedented items on the bargaining table, including that of an Olympic-style drug testing."
"I maintain and assure everyone that I have not used any form or kind of steroids and that my way to the top is a result of hard work, hard work, hard work and a lot of blood spilled from my past battles in the ring, not outside of it. I have no idea what steroids look like, and my fear in God has kept me safe and victorious through all these years.”
"Now, I say to Floyd Mayweather Jr., don't be a coward, and face me in the ring, mano-a-mano, and shut your big, pretty mouth, so we can show the world who is the true king of the ring."
Now this fight is getting juicier and nasty. But it is not anymore that the ring and three-man judges who will decide the winner of this bout; but the court.

Let’s get ready to rumble! Let us see what big-mouthed Floyd will do.

Update: Mayweather-Mosely fight was hatched instead.




Share Some Love, Share This Post and Spread the News


Show some LOVE, Like this Page on Facebook
Freshest Updates from Ani-Mo!right on your E-mail Inbox:

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...